Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organise your very own event.
Travel the world through creative photography & learn how to get the shots
Image above: Mark Edward Harris (speaking on Saturday, October 6th)
Travel Photography Live! is highly interactive and informative, giving you a chance to meet and learn from top professional photographers such as Nick Danziger, Steve Bloom, Eamonn McCabe, Jason Hawkes and Tom Mackie in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Talk travel photography all weekend and share their passion! We have a fantastic line-up of speakers, making this an event you won’t want to miss...
What's in store?
The Festival kicks off in style at 6pm on the evening of Friday 5th October, when you can join us for drinks and our keynote lectures in the Royal Geographical Society's fabulous Ondaatjee Theatre. Presented by Nick Danziger and Steve Bloom, these promise to be a terrific start to the weekend.
Then we follow this with two action-packed days, where you'll be spoilt for choice, as you decide between lectures in the Theatre and the Education Centre. Or perhaps you might like to wander into the Sunley or Drayson Rooms for equipment and photographic advice, or attend a photo retouching workshop or digital imaging Q&A.
Everyone attending will receive a free copy of the latest issue of What Digital Camera magazine (the magazine's editor will be at the event for the Saturday and Sunday, giving photographic advice), and will be entered into a draw to win prizes including a Fujifilm compact digital camera, the latest Travel Photographer of the Year book, a 'goodie bag' from Explore, a subscription to What Digital Camera, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 software, bottles of a very special Cutty Sark whisky and copies of a splendid book from Cutty Sark.
We'll even have a mini exhibition of some of the glorious winning images from Travel Photographer of the Year (so if you missed our hugely popular exhibition at the Royal Geographical Society in the summer, you have a chance to see some of the pictures now!). And, as an extra treat, you can also visit Geographical Blueprint - a glorious display of handmade globes by Bellerby & Co. in the exhibition Pavilion.
Student? Please use the members ticket booking option to secure your student discount.
See the list of speakers and provisional programme, below, and click here to read a synopsis for each talk.
Refreshments: there will be a pay bar in operation at the Keynote Lecture evening, and tea, coffee and (delicious) cupcakes will be on sale during Saturday and Sunday. All visitors are welcome to bring a packed lunch with them on Saturday/Sunday. We will have tables and chairs set up by the bookshop - and there are numerous excellent places to buy sandwiches close to South Kensington and Gloucester Road tube stations.
- Nick Danziger - travel photographer, film maker & one of the world’s most renowned photojournalists
- Steve Bloom - award-winning travel and wildlife photographer and famed documenter of the apartheid years in South Africa (see image top, right)
- Eamonn McCabe - four times winner of Sports Photographer of the Year, winner of News Photographer of the year & Guardian Picture Editor
- Tom Mackie - one of the world's leading landscape photographers
- Mark Edward Harris - leading stock & fine art travel photographer from the USA
- Chris Weston - renowned wildlife photographer, now also shooting HD video (see image middle, right)
- Craig Easton - travel photographer who shot many of the promotional images for the London Olympics
- Timothy Allen - photographer for BBC Human Planet, talking about photography & social media
- Jason Hawkes - award-winning aerial photographer
- Nick Meers - travel, landscape & panoramic photographer
- Martin Hartley - expedition photographer (see image below, right)
- Abi King - travel writer & blogger talking about blogging & social media
- Jeremy Hoare - travel photographer & former TV cameraman
- Guy Caplin - formerly a senior producer and director at ITV
- Colin Finlay - stock photography expert
- Philip Lee Harvey - travel & advertising photographer
- Mary Robert - lecturer in photography
- Chris Coe - travel photographer & founder of Travel Photographer of the Year awards
*click on speaker's name where highlighted to see their website
Friday, October 5th - Keynote Lectures:
18.00-18.45 drinks and welcome
18.45: Steve Bloom - Beneath the Surface: From 1970’s South Africa to the World Today
20.15: Nick Danziger - Around the World in 80 Images
Image right: Nick Danziger
Saturday, October 6th 10am - 4.30pm
Nick Danziger - Think Before Shooting!
Colin Finlay - Making Money from Photography
Mark Edward Harris - The Travel Photo Essay & the Fine Art of Travel Photography (two talks)
Martin Hartley - From Pole to Timbuktu
Jason Hawkes (see image top, right) - Looking Down
Jeremy Hoare & Guy Caplin - Shooting HD Video on a DSLR
Tom Mackie - Creating Impact (see image below, right)
Chris Weston - Wild World
And don't miss the Photography Advice Centre (with Fujifilm and the editor of What Digital Camera), and the Digital Imaging Q&A sessions.
Sunday, October 7th 10am - 4pm
Timothy Allen - Travel Photography Is Dead!
Chris Coe - Have You Seen the Light
Craig Easton (see image right) - Travelling at Home
Colin Finlay & Nick Meers - Winning Images
Jeremy Hoare - Lighting the way to Hollywood
Philip Lee Harvey - A Life On The Road
Abi King, Martin Hartley & Mary Robert - Photography, Blogging & Social
Eamonn McCabe - The Art of Editing
Nick Meers - The Changing World of Travel Photography
And don't miss the Photography Advice Centre (with Fujifilm and the editor of What Digital Camera), plus Richard West's digital imaging workshops
See another way of capturing the world - this beautiful exhibition in the Society's Pavilion will showcase an impressive selection of handmade globes. Bellerby & Co. will offer a glimpse into the detailed and creative world of contemporary globe making.
This exhibition runs until Friday 12th October, so if you're coming to Travel Photography Live! it's the perfect time to see it!
Travel Photography Live! is brought to you by Travel Photographer of the Year and Photo Iconic.